atom feed3 messages in org.apache.hadoop.zookeeper-devSome 3.5 roadmap ideas.
FromSent OnAttachments
Patrick HuntJan 25, 2012 2:35 pm
Ted DunningJan 25, 2012 2:42 pm
Patrick HuntJan 25, 2012 2:46 pm
Subject:Some 3.5 roadmap ideas.
From:Patrick Hunt (phu@apache.org)
Date:Jan 25, 2012 2:35:30 pm
List:org.apache.hadoop.zookeeper-dev

I've been tracking the following ideas for 3.5 roadmap, things i'd personally like to see addressed in the release and perhaps cut 3.5.0 in June, earlier if we can make some progress. (Not meant to be an exhaustive list or a blocker for 3.5.0)

* scalability - 100k clients * jdk7 and openjdk support (jdk7 job now on https://builds.apache.org//view/S-Z/view/ZooKeeper/) * maven build/rel (ZOOKEEPER-1078) - much of the work is done on this, patch pending * audit logging (ZOOKEEPER-1260) * reduce memory usage (ZOOKEEPER-1177 is one example) * improve reliability - more testing, aspects (ZOOKEEPER-1364) * test improvements; cleanup, streamlining/categorization (test vs test-commit ZOOKEEPER-1363)

I have a number of patches related to these issues already pending in patch available state (hint hint).

Patrick